January 13, 2012

My first attempt at cooking Tofu ???

So I made stir fry with tofu the other night and this is how I did it...

First I searched online ways to cook the tofu and found a cool tutorial that helped out a lot,  I didn't realize how time consuming cooking the tofu would be so by the time the meal was done.... I was starving!! 

First you cut the tofu into 1/2 inch triangles and place them between two towels. Push down gently to get some of the moisture out. You then place them in a non stick pan with NO OIL on low. Slowly cook them pushing the excess water out several times, they will be firm and golden brown on the bottom when ready to turn. You then turn them and repeat the process of pushing down gently and letting the moisture escape. Here is a more detailed explanation of that process and recipes!




 I then placed the pieces of tofu in the marinade which was soy sauce, ginger root, onion, a dash of rice vinegar, and garlic. 



It soaked for about 30mins, then I cooked my stir fry which consisted of broccoli, asparagus, carrots, and green bell pepper. After the veggies cook for a while I just poured the tofu and marinade in and cooked a little while longer. I would not recommend pouring the entire marinade, it made is unbelievable salty and was to over powering. 




Other than that though, everyone in the house loved it! even baby ate a few triangles of tofu!! so overall it was a success!!!!



Happy Cooking Everyone!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Mother Gnome, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena