June 3, 2012

Sober birthdays

Pregnant for another birthday.... 

I was pregnant with Robby on my 24th birthday, nursing on my 25th, and I will be pregnant again on my 26th.... If everything goes as planned I will be nursing on my 27th as well. It's crazy to think the second half of my twenties is being spent baring/raising my children! Before baby, I wasn't sure if having ONE child was in my future, now I'm preparing for number two. It hasn't been easy to say the least, it's changed my body forever, it also put a lot of emotional strain on myself and my relationship... I've learned to live more for today and less for yesterday/tomorrow. 

  24th Birthday

 25th Birthday

It also had its hand in slowing my social life dramatically and with that I'll get back to the topic at hand, I went through my heavy drinking phase in my dare I say it high school and early twenties with drinking pretty hard every weekend. I'm sure that has a lot to do with my being able to give up that lifestyle, you know, the been there done that. I know what I am missing out on and well I'm not missing out on much. I am not the girl I was before having babies and I am very thankful that having children has change me. My birthday is rapidly approaching and being sober isn't a big deal. I do find myself daydreaming at times about being able to sit pool side with close friends in a small bikini (crossing fingers my post second baby body is bangin') and have a strong cocktail in hand. I'm not an alcoholic and I don't feel bad for wanting to drink socially/casually again. I'm sure I am not the only mother that feels this way, right!?!? 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Mother Gnome, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena